April 12, 2009

These are the spots right before Ellie went to bed tonight.

This is Ellie on the way to the Acute Care Center.

Okay so these are out of order--this is what happens when I let my mom upload the pictures. I am giving my blogging rights over to mom tonight as I am itchy and runny!
So today was interesting needless to say. I, the mom, slept about 5 hours last night because I kept getting up to check on Ellie to make sure she wasn't scratching or uncomfortable.
Once she got up this morning the rash looked better, so we decided to stick with our original plan and go to church with Nina and Popie, picutre below. But not before Ellie opened her Easter basket. She got some fruit snacks and a Elmo book--she now loves Melmo!
During church her eyes and nose were crazy runny and the spots that looked better two hours ago, now during church looked ten times worse. They were getting bigger and redder and raised. After church I lubed her up with anti-itch cream and laid her down for a nap.
We planned on going to Grandmamaw's after nap for lunch. So we went even though Ellie looked and probably felt like a train wreck. We had fun but the wiping of the nose and eyes got more frequent and the spots only kept multiplying and getting bigger. So about 5:30 me and Diane decided she must be seen tonight and left for the Acute Care for Pediatrics Center.
On our way there the spots got to look more and more like chicken pox.
These are the spots on the way to see the doc.


Me and Ellie at church this morning.



Ellie opening her Easter basket from Grandmamaw and Grandpapaw.

Me reading Ellie her new Elmo book.

Ellie finding her Easter basket.
At the doctor visit we learned that she does NOT have chicken pox but is having some allergic reaction to something--possibly the red sucker but no one really knows. She also have pink eye and an ear infection! I am overwhelmed!
As Ellie's mom I feel extremely lucky to have had such a healthy baby. She has very rarely been sick and overall has been very easy and healthy baby! But between the strep throat 12 days ago and all this mess I'm not sure how to handle all this. Wish us luck!
Dad is staying home with Ellie tomorrow--he was scheduled off already--and I will probably stay home Tuesday with her.






No comments: