March 31, 2009

An early post from the Mom....

The verdict is...

Strep Throat


Evening update...

I am turning posting over to the Mom as I feel awful.



Well, today has been interesting for the Mom's viewpoint. I got up three times last night to check Ellie's temperature and all three times it was right around 100-101. I gave her Tylenol midway through the night and when she woke up this morning her temperature was still significant enough that I wanted her seen by a doctor.


So we made an appt for 9:45 with Ms. Patty--who we adore. She told us the unfortunate news and gave us a prescription for Amoxicillian.


All day long she has been in pretty good spirits with an occasional whiny spell but tonight got pretty bad. I think a lot of it too was that she won't swallow. So she is probably starving. She wouldn't even eat a Popsicle or Jell-O. She only had a bite of cheese stick, 2 cookies, and 2 crackers all day. I feel so bad but every time I try to give her food she cries and throws her head in my lap.


She won't even drink her milk. She asks for it and then holds it in her mouth until she forgets it's there and then tries to talk and milk runs down her shirt.


I hope Ms. Patty is right and she gets better quick. I told her when I kissed her goodnight tonight, Ellie that is not Ms. Patty, that when she wakes up tomorrow she will feel better...I hope I'm right!

No comments: